** Great to cook on a grill! Just cover with foil & cook away from direct coals for and hour or two until done!
** Great freezer recipe! I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef & a little extra veggies and made 2 loaves, one to freeze!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 c
- peas and carrots, frozen
- 1/4 c
- green pepper and onion, chopped small
- plum tomato, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped small (or you can use 1/2 small can of mushrooms, drained & chopped small)
- 2 Tbsp
- ketchup or barbeque sauce
- 1/8 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp
- parsley flakes
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder or adobo seasoning
- extra ketchup or bbq sauce for the top
How to Make Farmer's Meatloaf
- 1This is a versatile recipe, and you can use whatever veggies you have, or you can use salsa instead of the ketchup on top.
- 2In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- 3Form into loaf on a cookie sheet, or use a loaf pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and a half, or until meatloaf is done in the center. Brush top of loaf with some ketchup or BBQ sauce half way through cooking.
- 5(Can also be cooked on a grill, away from direct heat of the coals. Cover with foil & cook for an hour or two until done.)
- 6Slice & serve.
- 7** Good freezer recipe! I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef and a little extra on the veggies, and was able to make 2 loaves - bake both, freeze one!