** Great to cook on a grill! Just cover with foil & cook away from direct coals for and hour or two until done!
** Great freezer recipe! I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef & a little extra veggies and made 2 loaves, one to freeze!
1 lbground beef
1/4 cpeas and carrots, frozen
1/4 cgreen pepper and onion, chopped small
1plum tomato, chopped
2-3mushrooms, chopped small (or you can use 1/2 small can of mushrooms, drained & chopped small)
2 Tbspketchup or barbeque sauce
1/8 cbread crumbs
·ground black pepper, to taste
1 tspparsley flakes
2 tspgarlic powder or adobo seasoning
·extra ketchup or bbq sauce for the top
How to Make Farmer's Meatloaf
- This is a versatile recipe, and you can use whatever veggies you have, or you can use salsa instead of the ketchup on top.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Form into loaf on a cookie sheet, or use a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and a half, or until meatloaf is done in the center. Brush top of loaf with some ketchup or BBQ sauce half way through cooking.
- (Can also be cooked on a grill, away from direct heat of the coals. Cover with foil & cook for an hour or two until done.)
- Slice & serve.
- ** Good freezer recipe! I used 1 1/2 lbs ground beef and a little extra on the veggies, and was able to make 2 loaves - bake both, freeze one!