Fajitas with Spicy Coleslaw
Sometimes I add refried beans for more umph, but it is amazing without!
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb beef round, trimmed and made into bite size pieces
- 1 (10 oz) package coleslaw mix or 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers+1 tablespoon pickled juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 (6 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
How to Make Fajitas with Spicy Coleslaw
- 1Prepare marinade, combine the fajita seasoning, lime juice, and garlic in a ziploc bag; add beef. Squeeze out the air and seal bag tightly; turn to coat the beef. Let stand at least 10 minutes or refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, up to 2 hours. Drain marinade.
- 2To prepare coleslaw: combine coleslaw/cabbage, jalapenos, and pickling juice, vinegar, green onions, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and saute until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- 4To serve, place about 3/4 cup of coleslaw mix into each tortilla and top immediately with beef, roll to enclose.