English Beef Roast
How to Make English Beef Roast
- 1Bring meat to room tempature. Dry meat with paper towel.
- 2Using a paring knife make slits in meat 1/2 way down, every 2", insert a clove of garlic in slits.
- 3Rub the dry rub all over the meat. Place on a rack over a shallow pan to catch juices. Do NOT cover.
- 4Roast 35 minutes per lb in a 350 oven, for med rare.
- 5Cover with a foil tent and let rest for 10 minutes for juices to re-enter meat.
- 6Slice, removing garlic before serving.
- 7Serve the English way: Mashed potatoes, peas and ajus (drippings from meat) over meat and potatoes. A green salad with cherry tomatoes. Creamed horseradish on the side (whip heavy cream, fold in horseradish)