This is one of the recipes we learned though I have changed it up to make it easier to prepare. I do not use the microwave at all.
This has to be my husband's favorite dish and it is a great casserole for gatherings as it is a real crowd pleaser.
- 2 lb
- ground round hamburger meat
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, chopped
- 3 c
- mild grated cheddar cheese
- 12 medium
- corn tortillias
- 5 can(s)
- small cans of mild enchilada sauce, i use old elpaso
How to Make Enchilada Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Spray bottom of a large casserole dish (approximately 12 x 18) with vegetable spray to prevent sticking.
- 3In a large skillet, brown ground round hamburger meat with chopped onion. Set aside
- 4Open cans of Enchilada sauce and pour into a large bowl.
- 5Dip tortilla into sauce to coat and place on bottom of casserole dish.
- 6Place 1/3 of the meat onto the tortillias and then sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- 7Repeat the above steps two more times layering tortillas, meat, cheese, ending with a layer of the corn tortillias on top.
- 8Pour remaining sauce over the prepared dish until all sauce is used.
- 9Cover with grated cheese. (More cheese can be added to taste)
- 10Bake until all ingredients are hot and cheese is melted, approximately 30 minutes. Serve hot.