This is one of the recipes we learned though I have changed it up to make it easier to prepare. I do not use the microwave at all.
This has to be my husband's favorite dish and it is a great casserole for gatherings as it is a real crowd pleaser.
2 lbground round hamburger meat
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
3 cmild grated cheddar cheese
12 mediumcorn tortillias
5 can(s)small cans of mild enchilada sauce, i use old elpaso
How to Make Enchilada Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray bottom of a large casserole dish (approximately 12 x 18) with vegetable spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet, brown ground round hamburger meat with chopped onion. Set aside
- Open cans of Enchilada sauce and pour into a large bowl.
- Dip tortilla into sauce to coat and place on bottom of casserole dish.
- Place 1/3 of the meat onto the tortillias and then sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Repeat the above steps two more times layering tortillas, meat, cheese, ending with a layer of the corn tortillias on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over the prepared dish until all sauce is used.
- Cover with grated cheese. (More cheese can be added to taste)
- Bake until all ingredients are hot and cheese is melted, approximately 30 minutes. Serve hot.