Cowboy Beans N' Biscuits
2 lbground beef
1/4 tspeach: salt, black pepper,ground red pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 largeonion (minced)
1/2 cbar-b- que sauce
1 can(s)(16 oz) black beans
1 can(s)(16 oz) butter beans
3 can(s)(16 oz) baked beans
1/3 cbrown sugar
2 can(s)refrigerated biscuits
·shredded or sliced cheese
How to Make Cowboy Beans N' Biscuits
- Brown the ground beef well in a large skillet over medium - high heat, add the minced onion and cook until onions are done (do not burn!)
- Add all remaining ingredients except the biscuits. Stir and heat well. *** Do Not Drain the beans!!!
- Pour this mixture into a large roast pan or baking pan.
- Open up the biscuits and put them on top of the bean and meat mixture. Brush (or spread) the tops of the biscuits with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes... or until biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.
- *** Sometimes we cover the bean and meat mixture with shredded cheddar cheese or sliced American cheese before adding the biscuits.
- *** The original recipe also called for salt pork or bacon... it is good with it or without it.
*** The original recipe called for cubes of cut up beef.... we have made it this way too...