Corned Beef Hash Stew
This is the only way I knew Corned Beef Hash was made, imagine my surprise when I ordered it at a restaurant and got the "other" stuff! They obviously needed a lesson on cooking.
I usually make a pan of cornbread and serve corn with it...we call it our "Corn" Meal.
- 4 large
- russet potatoes
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 12 oz
- can of corned beef
- 1 1/2 c
- dark roux
How to Make Corned Beef Hash Stew
- 1Peel and dice potatoes, set aside.
- 2In a large Dutch Oven pot, bring roux and 8 cups of water to a boil. Roux will dissolve into the water as it heats. Note: You can use bottled Roux or look for my Microwave Roux recipe.
- 3Add onions, salt, pepper, corned beef and bring to a medium boil. Gravy should be a little on the thick side.
- 4Stir in potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 5If gravy is too thick, add more water or for thicker gravy, add more dark roux.
- 6Note: If your gravy is not a milk chocolate color, stir in some Kitchen Bouquet to darken and add flavor.