Cheesy Stuffed Red Peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 mediumwhite onion, diced
1 Tbspcilantro, fresh
1 tspgarlic powder
4 mediumred bell pepper
1 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
1/4 ctomato sauce
1 1/2 cbrown rice, cooked
4 ozprocessed cheese, velveeta, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Stuffed Red Peppers
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan.
- Saute about 2 minutes and add ground beef. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through.
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked rice and meat together.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can.
- Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and enjoy.