Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Peppers, prepared any way, were always a family favorite. This particular recipe incorporates cheese, another favorite food of mine, so it is a winner!
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- 10 oz. cans of tomato soup
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked white rice
- 8 medium
- green bell peppers
- 1 c
- yellow or white onions, chopped
- 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
- 1In a large skillet, place ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until browned.
- 2Stir in seasonings and tomato soup and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir cheese into mixture, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in rice. Let mixture cool.
- 4Cut Bell Peppers in halves, length-wise. Clean out centers of membranes and seeds. Wash thoroughly.
- 5In a large pot, bring water and 1 tablespoon of water to a boil. Drop peppers into boiling water and cook until barley tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Drain peppers and cool. Place peppers on a baking sheet and stuff with rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.