Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Peppers, prepared any way, were always a family favorite. This particular recipe incorporates cheese, another favorite food of mine, so it is a winner!
1 lblean ground beef
1 clovegarlic, minced
2 can(s)10 oz. cans of tomato soup
1 1/2 ccooked white rice
8 mediumgreen bell peppers
1 cyellow or white onions, chopped
2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 lbsharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
- In a large skillet, place ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until browned.
- Stir in seasonings and tomato soup and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir cheese into mixture, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in rice. Let mixture cool.
- Cut Bell Peppers in halves, length-wise. Clean out centers of membranes and seeds. Wash thoroughly.
- In a large pot, bring water and 1 tablespoon of water to a boil. Drop peppers into boiling water and cook until barley tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain peppers and cool. Place peppers on a baking sheet and stuff with rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.