Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 c
- ground chuck or round
- 1 box
- zatarains spanish rice or other rice mix like rice or roni
- 1-2 slice
- small onion (finely chopped)
- small stalk of celery chopped
- 1 pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- sliced cheese for topping
- cleaned bell peppers (make sure the seeds, etc. are cut out) they can be sliced sideways or stuffed from the stem top)
How to Make Cheesy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1Follow the directions on the rice mix. The Spanish rice mix I did not use but a 4 tablespoons of the diced tomatoes when making the rice. I made sure that the rice was tender though before I mixed it with the meat. Do not mix it with the meat until after the meat is done. Set the rice aside.
- 2In a skillet cook meat, onions, celery and seasonings until vegetables are tender and meat is not pink. Make sure you chopped the meat into small pieces. Drain. Use a cup plus of rice and mix with meat. It is ready to be stuffed in the prepared clean bell peppers.Place the bell peppers in a greased casserole dish. Pour the tomato sauce over stuffed bell peppers. Cover with foil. Bake on 375 degrees until the bell peppers are fairly soft.
- 3Remove foil and top each one with a cheese slice. Return to oven until cheese has melted. This is great warmed over the next day!