Cheesy Chipped Beef on Toast
5 pkgbeef, lunch meat ( i use carl budding)
1/2 tspground mustard
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 1/4 chalf and half or milk
1 csharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chipped Beef on Toast
- Slice lunch meat into strips and set aside.
- Start by making a simple roux. Add butter to a sauce pan and heat on low until melted. Add flour, salt, pepper, and ground mustard, stir constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and slowly add half & half stiring until it is well mixed. Return to heat and bring to a boil while stiring constatly. Boil for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until all cheese is melted. Return to low heat, add meat and keep warm.
- Toast bread, and spoon chipped beef over toast.