Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf Extraordinaire
- 1 1/2 c
- pasta sauce, divided
- 1/4 c
- progresso italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- kretschmer's wheat germ
- eggs or egg substitute to equal 2 eggs
- 1/2 c
- diced onions
- 1 lb
- lean, good quality ground beef 7% or 4%
- 4 stick
- mozzerella string cheese
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf Extraordinaire
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine 3/4 cup pasta sauce and remaining ingredients (except cheese) until blended.
- 2Divide into four portions, shape around each string cheese, covering cheese completely. Seal tightly so hot cheese will stay inside. If using this free standing version, refrigerate for an hour or I just put them in the freezer on the baking tray for 30 minutes. Bake 20–25 minutes or until 160°F.
I find it easier to use a small loaf pan... but your choice. I also, sometimes cut the cheese into small chunks and put the meat into muffin pans stuffed with the chunks.
- 33.Before serving, microwave remaining 3/4 cup pasta sauce about a minute and pour over top of finished meat loaf.