Connie's Cabbage Rolls
1 lbground beef
1/4 lbground pork
3/4 ccooked rice
1 smallminced onion
2 can(s)8 oz. tomatoe sauce
12 largecabbage leaves
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 clemon juice or vinegar
How to Make Connie's Cabbage Rolls
- combine meat, salt, pepper, rice, onion, and 1 can tomatoe sauce.
- cover cabbage leaves with boiling water for 4 minutes.
- place portions of meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf.
- roll up, folding ends over.
- place seam side down in skillet.
- mix remaing tomatoe sauce with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- pour mixture over rolls.
- simmer covered 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting often.