Mary Lou Ivy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 8 ounce pkg shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded or chopped small
- 1 pkg frozen rolls (thawed) i use rhodes
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cabbage Buns
- 1Brown beef and onions in large deep skillet. cook until evenly browned and drain fat. Stir in onion soup mix. Season with pepper and salt.
- 2In med/large pan place shredded cabbage in small amount of water, just enough to cover cabbage. Cook until tender and drain well. Add cabbage to beef mixture.
- 3Cut thawed rolls in half. On floured surface, roll out thin to size of your choice. Spoon small amount of mixture in center of each square and top with sprinkle of cheese. Bring up dough to points and seal well. Spray cookie sheet and place buns sealed side down at least 2" apart. Set aside and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 4Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Brush tops with melted margarine.