Burgers stuffed with bacon, cream cheese, and blue cheese
The measurements, while might sound odd are what I had to work with. I buy hamburg in the bulk and make patties up (2/3 cup each) wrap, date, and freeze them.
- 2 1/4 lb
- ground beef, twelve patties, each 1/3 cup
- 6 Tbsp
- cream cheese
- 3 slice
- bacon, cooked crispy and broken in half
- 6 tsp
- blue cheese
- 1 large
- onion, cut in to thick slices
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper, or to taste
How to Make Burgers stuffed with bacon, cream cheese, and blue cheese
- 1I used my stove top grill for this. Spray grill liberally with non stick spray. If you use a gas or charcoal grill you are going to need something to grill the onions on.
- 2Pre heat grill to med high.
- 3Fry bacon crispy and put on paper towels. Break in halves.
- 4Make 12 patties, each 1/3 cup.
- 5On 6 of the patties put a half slice of bacon divided in half, 1 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese, 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- 6Place a patty on each of the filled patties and seal well all around the edges. Salt and pepper the patties.
- 7Peel and slice onions thickly and put in a zip lock bag. Add the olive oil, some salt and pepper and shake.
- 8Preheat the grill to med high and start with the onions first, grill them a few minutes before you add the patties.
- 9Grill the patties to desired doness. When the patties start to brown, give them 1/4 turn for nice hash marks. Flip over and repeat for other side.
- 10Derve with your choice of buns, carmelized onions, and sliced tomato and lettuce.