Bread Bowl Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 ounce envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 kaiser rolls
How to Make Bread Bowl Chili
- 1In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown 10 minutes.
- 2Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
- 4Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
Make sure to have sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded cheese on hand to use as chili toppers.