BLONDIE'S PASTA BAKE
This dish takes very little time prepping, since it is semi-homemade. My friends and family love this dish, and I love making it. Serve with a nice green salad and garlic bread~you've got a meal that is tasty and filling.
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- yellow sweet onion, rough chopped
- bell peppers, julienned
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 lb
- very lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- dry pasta of choice (except angel hair)
- 1 jar(s)
- paul newman's marinara sauce
- 15 oz
- can petite diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 10 oz
- pkg frozen spinach, thawed and all juice squeezed out of it (optional)
- 1 lb
- shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan in the green can (optional)
How to Make BLONDIE'S PASTA BAKE
- 1In a large skillet on med-hi heat, pour in evoo. Heat till shimmery. Add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes till they start to brown around the edges. Add bell peppers and garlic; saute for 4 minutes.
- 2Add italian seasoning, basil, and ground beef. Break it up and stir till brown. Now s&p to taste.
**In the meantime bring 4 qts of water in a 5qt or larger dutch oven or stock pot.
- 3Preheat oven to 350*, then continue the recipe~you're almost thru!
- 4Pour pasta sauce, tomatoes spinach and parmesan into meat mixture. Stir well.
- 5Cook pasta ONLY ONE-HALF THE TIME ON PACKAGE. It will continue to cook in the oven.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- 6Spray a light coat of cooking spray in a 13x9 pan. Spread about a cup of the pasta-meat sauce in the pan. Now pour the drained pasta evenly in the pan. If the meat sauce is too thick, add the pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until it is the consistency you want.
- 7Pour the meat sauce into the pan and top with mozzarella. Place in the oven and bake about 25-30 minutes until the cheese is browning around the edges of the pan and the sauce is bubbling.
Remove from oven.
- 8Allow the Pasta Bake to rest about 10-15 minutes after removing it from the oven. The garlic bread can be cooking during this time.