Black Beans-Rice and Beef Flautas
This is my recipe made from leftover black beans and rice...added all the remaining ingredients I had on hand..you can change up any of these ingredients to make to your family's liking..we liked these just fine! Hope you do too!
Good using other meats or shredded vegetables with refried beans and rice.
- 8 to 10 medium
- flour tortillas -8-inch
- 15 oz
- can black beans, drained
- 1 c
- cooked rice
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp
- cilantro, dried
- of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 lb
- ground lean beef
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- s & p
- to taste
- 14 1/2 oz
- can diced italian style tomatoes, juice reserved and divided
- 1 c
- white onion,chopped fine,divided
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded colby jack cheese
How to Make Black Beans-Rice and Beef Flautas
- 1Heat oven to 450^. Grease or spray a 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- 2Drain beans and discard liquid. Add bean and cooked rice to a medium saucepan. Add the garlic powder, cilantro, lime juice and chili powder. Stir to combine ,and until heated through. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet add the ground beef cook and scramble until almost cooked; add 1/2 cup of the onion, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup of the tomato juice. Stir to combine. Turn off heat let cool slightly.
- 4Lay 3 tortillas out in a row in front of you and place 2 heaping tablespoons of the rice/bean mixture down the center of each tortilla, then 2 heaping tablespoons beef mixture and 1 tablespoon of the diced tomatoes.
Sprinkle some cheese over tomatoes.
- 5Fold edge of tortilla- nearest you over the filling- bring the other side over top the first fold. Place seam side down in prepared pan. Repeat with all remaining tortillas and mixtures.
- 7Eat hand held or serve with salsa and sour cream,if desired.
In the photo #6 I had some of the hamburger mixture left over so I sprinkled it over top. That's the dark you see.