Black beans and rice
- 6 can(s)
- black beans with liquid
- 4 can(s)
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 2 medium
- yellow onions
- 3 stalk(s)
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned and crushed with liquid
- 2 pkg
- smoked sausage beef
- 1 bag(s)
- uncle bens 90 second brown rice
- garlic powder, mrs dash, onion powder to taste
How to Make Black beans and rice
- 1Pour beans and broth in large pot.Dice all the veggies and add to pot.Add a tablespoon of all seasonings.Add diced tomatoes and liquid
- 2Simmer for 1/2 hour.Test veggies for doneness.
- 3When veggies are done cut up smoked sausage into small bite size pieces and add to pot. If you prefer you can leave the sausage out and make this an all veggie meal!
- 4Microwave brown rice for 90 seconds and add to pot. Stir and adjust seasonings according to taste.
- 5Cook another 10 mins until sausage is heated.
- 6Spoon in bowls. you can top with diced green onion,tomatoes, sour cream or eat it just like it is.