Beefy Barley Vegtable soup
You can put everything together (except mixed veggies) in a disposable slow cooker bag the night before, and on your way out the door in the AM, throw filled bag in your slow cooker, cover and cook.
When you get home, throw in the frozen mixed veggies, and make a green salad.
This was recently entered in the Lea and Perrins contest for the Food Network
1 1/2 lbstew meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 largeonion, chopped
1/2 cbarley, uncooked
28 oz( 2-10 ounce) cans beef broth
1 can(s)beer, anything the cook likes
2 tspminced garlic in jar (time saver)
1 tspworchestershire sauce
1 largebay leaf
1 tspdried parsley
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper or to taste
2 cfrozen mixed vegtables
2 tspbeef base
How to Make Beefy Barley Vegtable soup
- Night before open up a disposable crock pot liner, and put in large bowl.
- Add all ingredients( except frozen mixed veggies).
- Give a stir, put in fridge.
- Next AM, put filled liner in your slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Half hour before you are ready to eat, add frozen veggies,cover and cook another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir and serve.