BEEF, TURNIPS & MUSHROOM NAANPOLEON
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- turnip roots, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/4 lb
- sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp
- sea salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- freash cracked black pepper, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 8 oz
- baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- shallot, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- herbs de provence
- 2 1/2 c
- beef broth
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
How to Make BEEF, TURNIPS & MUSHROOM NAANPOLEON
- 1Add ½ of the olive oil to a large non-stick medium-high heat skillet. Sauté turnip roots for 5 minutes turning once. Remove from skillet and cover.
- 2Season steak tips with 1/2 of the salt and pepper, brown all sides for 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover.
- 3Reduce heat to low-heat and brown butter for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and herbs to skillet. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- 4Remove skillet from stove and add broth and wine and remaining salt and pepper. Return to stove and add beef tips.
- 5Meanwhile, mix corn starch with cold water until smooth and pour in skillet with beef mixture and stir.
- 6Cover and Simmer for 45 minutes.
- 7Cut into 12 equal piece. Brush Naan bread slices with remaining olive oil. Grill on a medium high grill pan for 1-2 minutes turning once.
- 8Assemble Naanpolean: top bread pieces with beef mixture and repeat
*garnish with fresh chives*