BEEF, TURNIPS & MUSHROOM NAANPOLEON
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
1 cturnip roots, cut into bite size pieces
1 1/4 lbsirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
1 tspsea salt, divided
3/4 tspfreash cracked black pepper, divided
4 Tbspunsalted butter
8 ozbaby bella mushrooms, sliced
3garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tspherbs de provence
2 1/2 cbeef broth
1/2 cdry red wine
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
How to Make BEEF, TURNIPS & MUSHROOM NAANPOLEON
- Add ½ of the olive oil to a large non-stick medium-high heat skillet. Sauté turnip roots for 5 minutes turning once. Remove from skillet and cover.
- Season steak tips with 1/2 of the salt and pepper, brown all sides for 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover.
- Reduce heat to low-heat and brown butter for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and herbs to skillet. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- Remove skillet from stove and add broth and wine and remaining salt and pepper. Return to stove and add beef tips.
- Meanwhile, mix corn starch with cold water until smooth and pour in skillet with beef mixture and stir.
- Cover and Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 12 equal piece. Brush Naan bread slices with remaining olive oil. Grill on a medium high grill pan for 1-2 minutes turning once.
- Assemble Naanpolean: top bread pieces with beef mixture and repeat
*garnish with fresh chives*