★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 small
- onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb
- white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- oil, (olive, canola, or vegetable)
- 1 lb
- beef (ground, stew meat, stir-fry - your choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- (maybe less) beef broth
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- 1In a large skillet, over medium heat, sautee onion in oil until translucent, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- 2Add meat and sautee until browned.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes, until mushrooms are softening and releasing their water.
- 4Add flour and stir well to combine completely. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Add mustard and broth, stirring well to combine. Start with 1/2 cup of broth, adding more until consistency of gravy is to your liking. Keep in mind it will thicken as it cooks. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Turn off heat and add sour cream, stirring well to combine. Serve over rice or buttered parsley noodles.