★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 smallonion, roughly chopped
1/2 lbwhite button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbspoil, (olive, canola, or vegetable)
1 lbbeef (ground, stew meat, stir-fry - your choice)
1 c(maybe less) beef broth
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1/2 csour cream
How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sautee onion in oil until translucent, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add meat and sautee until browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes, until mushrooms are softening and releasing their water.
- Add flour and stir well to combine completely. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mustard and broth, stirring well to combine. Start with 1/2 cup of broth, adding more until consistency of gravy is to your liking. Keep in mind it will thicken as it cooks. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and add sour cream, stirring well to combine. Serve over rice or buttered parsley noodles.