/ Main Dishes
enough canola oil to coat wok, without pooling in the bottom. about 2 tbl
yellow squash cut into rounds (cut in half) or strips
zucchini squash cut into rounds (cut in half) or strips
white mushrooms, sliced
green bell pepper, sliced into sticks (may also use red or yellow peppers for more color)
onion, sliced and rings separated
snow peas, strings removed and cut into 2 pieces
rice or noodles if desired
How to Make Beef Stir Fry
11. Heat a wok or deep skillet over medium heat until it starts to smoke a little.
22. Place cut meat into hot pan, do not crowd the meat, it should be in a single layer on the bottom. Do in batches if necessary. Stir the meat until browned on all sides.
33. Remove meat to plate and place the veggies into the hot pan, except the bean sprouts. Stir fry until crisp tender, this only takes a few minutes.
44. Return meat to pan and add the stir fry sauce and bean sprouts and cover with a lid. Let steam until the bean sprouts have cooked down a bit and are crisp tender.
55. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
6Nutritional Information per serving: This is calculated without the rice or noodles.
Calories: 281.5, Total Fat: 11.8 g, Saturated Fat; 2.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.4 g, Monounsaturated Fat; 5.9 g, Cholesterol: 64.6 mg, Sodium: 589.3 mg, Potassium: 835.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 14.3 g, Dietary Fiber; 2.7 g, Sugars; 6.0 g, Protein: 29.5 g.
Printable Recipe Card
Posted: Fri, Aug 12, 2011