Beef Stir Fry
·enough canola oil to coat wok, without pooling in the bottom. about 2 tbl
1 lbbeef round steak
1 smallyellow squash cut into rounds (cut in half) or strips
1 smallzucchini squash cut into rounds (cut in half) or strips
5 mediumwhite mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lbbean sprouts
1/2 largegreen bell pepper, sliced into sticks (may also use red or yellow peppers for more color)
1/2 largeonion, sliced and rings separated
1/2 lbsnow peas, strings removed and cut into 2 pieces
4 Tbspstir fry sauce
1/2 crice or noodles if desired
How to Make Beef Stir Fry
- 1. Heat a wok or deep skillet over medium heat until it starts to smoke a little.
- 2. Place cut meat into hot pan, do not crowd the meat, it should be in a single layer on the bottom. Do in batches if necessary. Stir the meat until browned on all sides.
- 3. Remove meat to plate and place the veggies into the hot pan, except the bean sprouts. Stir fry until crisp tender, this only takes a few minutes.
- 4. Return meat to pan and add the stir fry sauce and bean sprouts and cover with a lid. Let steam until the bean sprouts have cooked down a bit and are crisp tender.
- 5. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
- Nutritional Information per serving: This is calculated without the rice or noodles.
Calories: 281.5, Total Fat: 11.8 g, Saturated Fat; 2.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.4 g, Monounsaturated Fat; 5.9 g, Cholesterol: 64.6 mg, Sodium: 589.3 mg, Potassium: 835.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 14.3 g, Dietary Fiber; 2.7 g, Sugars; 6.0 g, Protein: 29.5 g.