10 ozwhite cap mushrooms, raw and chopped
2onions, yellow, medium
4 Tbspall purpose flour
2 tspgranulated garlic
1/2 cevaporated milk
1/2 cwhole milk
2 lbground beef
2celery stalks, chopped
3 mediumcarrots, chopped
30 ozfrozen, shredded potatoes (thawed)
4 Tbspbutter, room temperature
4 Tbspvegetable oil
15 ozbeef broth (can)
How to Make Beef & Potato Bake
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Brown chopped mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter and oil.
- Add onions and let them sweat.
- Add in flour and stir to coat veggies, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth and whisk to combine.
- Add teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Add evaporated milk and whole milk and whisk to combine. Stir constantly for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and let them sweat.
- Add one teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Pour meat and veggies into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour mushroom mixture over meat in baking dish and mix to coat meat.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter.
- In a large bowl pour thawed shredded potatoes, melted butter, 2 tablespoons of oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the potatoes.
- Spread potatoes over meat mixture all the way to the edges.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- A variation, you can also add shredded cheddar cheese between the potatoes and meat mixtures.