Beef Crescent Loaf
I came up with this combo when I was in Jr. High School (7th grade) and in my first year of Home Ec. It is a quick easy dinner that will serve four and looks like it took hours to make.
- 1 to 2 lbs
- ground meat
- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pkg
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onions, celery, bell pepper to taste
- salt and pepper with a dash of garlic to taste
How to Make Beef Crescent Loaf
- 1Set oven at 350 degrees
Open the can of crescent
rolls and taking the two halves of the roll open them up on a large UNGREASED cookie sheet side by side. Take a rolling pin and roll them out forming a rectangle, making sure to press the seams together. I have found the better brand of crescent rolls work better. Set this aside.
Next brown the ground meat in a medium to large frying pan with the onions, celery and bell pepper. I am from Louisiana and these three seasonings are staples in my kitchen and they are best if fresh. If you can't get them onion powder and celery flakes will work too. But don't add them until later. When the meat is brown, drain the grease and put the mixture back in the frying pan. Add the the cheddar cheese soup and stir into meat mixture. DO NOT ADD WATER. Put the heat on medium low. When the soup starts to melt and liquify turn the heat down and let the mixture simmer for about 5 mins. Add your salt, pepper, garlic powder and other seasonings at this time and cover the frying pan. After 5 min cut the heat off. The meat mixture will scorch and burn if left too long on the heat.
- 2Taking a serving spoon, scoop the meat mixture down the center of the rectangle on the cookie sheet leaving an inch at both ends. The center line should not measure any further than 2 to 3 inches. YOU WILL HAVE EXTRA MEAT MIXTURE. Fold the sides up first on the loaf and then the ends. I use tooth picks to hold them in place.
- 3Place in oven uncovered and when the dough turn slightly golden, (You have to watch this) take out out oven, REMOVE THE TOOTHPICKS. The load will hold it's shape. Spoon the remaining meat mixture down the center of the loaf and top with the Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Place back into oven and bake until cheese melts. Remove from oven and serve. I usually slice it going across the loaf.
- 4You can change this so easily. This works with turkey meat and I used Cream of Mushroom soup and shredded Swiss Cheese. Enjoy
About Beef Crescent Loaf
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review