How to Make Bachelor Steaks
- 1Five or so hours before dinner, assault both sides the sirloin with a fork with a wide-ranging, rapid-fire motion. We are looking for a tight pattern of 1/2" deep holes covering the whole target.
- 2Smash the garlic onto a paper plate with the garlic-smashing tool. Throw out the paper stuff, keep the mushy stuff that smells like pizza. (You are not a man if you don't taste it and learn the lesson not to.) Slather the mushy stuff onto the top of the sirloin. We are looking for full, thin coverage here. You'll probably only need 1/2 of a whole garlic for this.
- 3Put the meat on a plate, garlic side up. Pour equal amounts soy sauce and red wine on it and let it pool up on the top of the oversized meat. Put it in the refrigerator.
- 4Halfway to dinner time, scrape the garlic to the side of the plate (a putty knife works fine for this), pour the juices somewhere, flip the steak and re-apply both.
- 5At dinnertime, scrape off the garlic, pour the juices down the drain. Turn grill on high. Apply Steak. First: Searing. Give it about two minutes per side to sear the steak, sealing in the juices.