Austrian Goulash Soup
1 lbbeef cubed small
2 Tbspgood quality sweet paprika
1 tspbeef bouillon paste, or 1 cube
1/2 ctomato sauce
·salt and pepper
1 pkgspaetzle (a dried german dumpling that you boil, or make homemade if you wish)
How to Make Austrian Goulash Soup
- heat oil in pan and brown the beef.
- Add the onions and saute until tender.
- Add the paprika and flour and toss well with the beef and onion.
- Add the water, bouillon, tomato sauce and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes and cook until they are tender.
- Serve by placing a generous spoonful of the spaetzle in the bowl then spoon the goulash over it.
- Note - some stir in a little cream as soon as you take it off the stove.