Aunt Katherine's Beef-Cheese Ball
In my opinion, this is the best cheese ball, EVER!!!! I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do. The longer this cheese ball sits, the better the flavor. I'm sorry I have no photo posted right now, I plan to do so soon.
- 2.25 ounce jars armour dried beef
- 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz
- sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz
- mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz
- sharp white shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 Tbsp
- kraft mayonnaise
- 6 Tbsp
- heinz horseradish sauce
- small onion, finely chopped
- chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Aunt Katherine's Beef-Cheese Ball
- 1Cream cheese needs to be softened at room temperature for about 2-3 hours in order for it to be mixed more thoroughly and easily.
- 2Process/chop the dried beef in a mini food chopper if you have one available until it's about medium to finely chopped. You don't want it to be too coarsely chopped; the finer the better, but not too fine either.
- 3Now you will need to mix all the ingredients together in a fairly large mixing bowl, because this recipe will make 2 medium/large cheese balls.
- 4Go ahead and divide into 2 balls; refrigerate overnight.
- 5Now, after refrigerating overnight, roll them in coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, or whatever else of your choosing.