★★★★★ 1 vote5
2large can tomatoes, crushed
1large can tomato sauce
1 smallonion diced fine
1green pepper diced
2 can(s)kidney beans
1/2 tsponion salt
1/2 tspgarlic powder
·crushed red pepper to your taste
·chili powder to your taste
How to Make Aunt Edna's Chili
- In a skillet cook hamburger until browned. Drain off any grease.
- Cut up onion and green pepper.
- Put kidney beans, tomatoes and sauce in a big pot.
- Add onion salt, garlic powder, chili powder and crushed red pepper.
- Then add the hamburger, onion and green pepper mixture to the big pot.
- Cook until done. I usually put it on medium heat and let the flavors mix together for about an hour. Be sure to stir or it will burn.
You can also make this up the night before and put in a crockpot the next day and it will be ready for your evening meal.
Goes great with corn bread and honey.