Asian Beef Noodles
I found this recipe in BHG May 1994 edition. It's originally from the "Beef, it's what's for dinner" campaign during that time. I looked on their website but cannot find it for the picture. This can be quite spicy depending on your jalapeno. I have never cooked this with the peanuts that are optional.
- 1 lb
- beef round tip steak, cut 1/8-1/4 inch thick
- fresh jalapeno, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz) beef flavored instant ramen noodles
- 1/4 c
- steak sauce ( i use a1)
- 1 medium
- carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro or green onion, chopped
- 1/4 can(s)
- peanuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make Asian Beef Noodles
- 1In a medium bowl, combine beef, jalapeno, and oil. Toss to coat.
Meanwhile, Break up noodles and reserve season packet. Cook noodles as directed on the package. Drain.
- 2While waiting on noodles, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry meat mixture until meat is no longer pink.
Remove meat and keep warm.
- 3In same skillet, combine noodles, steak sauce, shredded carrot, cilantro and reserved noodle seasoning packet. Cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
Return beef to skillet and mix lightly. Sprinkle with peanuts.