Angie's Favorite Veggie Beef Soup
- 1 can(s)
- tomato juice or vegetable juice
- 1 c
- peas (canned, or frozen) if using canned, just one can is fine
- 1 c
- carrots (frozen) but canned is also fine, if i use canned i use 1 can of mixed peas and carrots (diced carrots are best)
- 2 c
- corn (frozen or canned)
- 1-2 lb
- ground beef, (or turkey for a lighter menu)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- oregano, dried or fresh if you have it
- 1 Tbsp
- cavender's greek season
- 2 tsp
- salt and pepper (ea) optional to taste
- 1 tsp
- sage leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp
- basil, dried or fresh
- 1/2 tsp
- med. onion (or 1/2 tablespoon dried) optional to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder (1/2 tablespoon jarred, or about 2 cloves fresh)
How to Make Angie's Favorite Veggie Beef Soup
- 1brown meat and onion together (if using a fresh onion). You can omit the meat for a vegetarian soup. Drain fat off if needed.
- 2In large pot (4 qt or bigger if making more),pour in juice, veggies, and seasonings. I do this while browning meat. Cover and cook over a low heat. Stirring fequently. If using frozen veggies, I like to put them in the microwave for a few minutes to unfreeze them a little and speed up the cooking process.
- 3When meat is fully cooked, add to soup mixture. Stir well. I don't usually measure the seasonings, I kinda go by look and taste so add what you like to your taste.
- 4Let cook over low heat until veggies are hot. I like to serve this with cornbread or biscuts, but crackers are good too.