A Perfect Moist Meatloaf
- 2 lb
- beef, ground
- 1 lb
- turkey, ground
- 1 c
- 4 slice
- bread, whole wheat or white
- 1 pkg
- vegetable soup mix, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- a-1 sauce
- 1 c
- fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- nance mustard, sharp & creamy
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
How to Make A Perfect Moist Meatloaf
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
In a flat dish or bowl, soak the 4 slices of bread in milk.
- 2Dump the following ingredients into a large mixing bowl:
dried vegetable soup mix
salt and pepper
freshly minced garlic and onion
finely chopping fresh parsley
squeeze excess milk from bread and add to mixing bowl.
- 3With clean hands, GENTLY squeez the ingredients together until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. (Stirring or squeezing hard will toughen the meat mixture.)
- 4Turn mixture onto a cookie sheet and shape into an oval loaf.
This will create large, lovely pieces when slicing the meatloaf.
Use a butter knife to create a hole in the center of the loaf and insert the 2 tablespoons of butter. Push meatloaf back together firmly to trap butter.
Coat top and sides with a heavy layer of A-1 Suace, topped with another layer of Nance Mustard.
- 5Cook for 45 to 50 minutes or until a pierced center shows clear juice. Also, the layers of A-1 and Nance mustard should appear as thick glaze.
Remove meatloaf from oven and IMMEDIATELY cover with foil, over the top and down the sides to trap the steam.
Allow meatloaf to rest 5 minutes.
(Juices will return to center of the meatloaf and will not run all over the serving plate.)
- 6Move meatloaf to a serving plate and garnish with fresh springs of parsley.
The dried vegetable soup mix adds color and herbs.
Soaking the bread in milk & adding butter to the center will keep the meatloaf moist and juicy.
Finely chopping/mincing the onions, garlic and parsley allows the slices to remain solid & pretty.