Vegetable Fried Rice
1 tspbutter, room temperature
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
1 cfrozen vegetables
1 crice, white
1/2 tspcinnamon powder
·ginger (1/2 inch)
1 Tbspcoconut milk, unsweetened
1 tspdried methi leaves/dried basil (optional)
·salt to taste
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
- In a large cooking pot melt the tablespoon of butter, keeping the flame on medium
- Now add ginger and garlic to the butter and fry them together till they turn golden brown, for about 2 mins
- Meanwhile thaw the frozen vegetables in microwave on high (for approx. 3 mins) and drain the liquid
- Next add the frozen vegetables to the pot, add olive oil, cinnamon powder and fry the vegetables for about 2 mins
- Rinse the cup of rice in cold water, drain the fluid and add the rice to the pot and fry all the ingredients together for about 2 mins
- Now add the coconut milk, salt and 2 1/2 cups of water. Turn the flame to medium-high and with a spatula just stir a couple of times and let all the ingredients boil together for about 15-20 mins. This is an open-oven-top-cooking style which ensures the maximum taste and aroma.
- You can stir the mixture occasionally, but make sure not break the rice grains down and to turn off the heat before all the water evaporates and the rice starts getting burnt.
- Once the rice has boiled, turn off the heat, remove the pot and transfer the contents immediately to your serving dishes.
- You can sprinkle it with dried methi leaves/dried basil or just plain cottage cheese before serving.
- This can go with a side of chips, yogurt raitha (plain yogurt, salt, cucumber/onion/tomato/carrot pieces, cream) or with any side dish.
Most Importantly: Serve Hot and Immediately for the best results!!