Sweet Cheese Wontons
How to Make Sweet Cheese Wontons
- 1Mix the cream cheese and the sugar together in a bowl until nice and creamy.
- 2Next, with damp fingers from the water, place a wonton wrapper on a clean surface. The dampness will make them easier to get apart. Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store.
- 3Spoon a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture right into the center of the wrapper.
- 4Get your index finger wet, and brush the edges of the wrapper with the water - this will help the wrapper stay closed. Fold the wrapper into a triangle shape.
- 5Heat 1 1/2 inches of cooking oil (I use canola) in a frying pan or wok over medium heat until a drop of water dropped in sizzles.
- 6Place about six wontons into the oil (depending on the size of your pan) and let them cook for about 1 1/2-2 minutes each side, until they are golden brown. Place them on a paper towel to cool. Repeat for the rest of the wontons.
- 7Let the wontons cool and serve!