Southeast Asian Peanut Noodles
At the Oriental grocer I purchase 1 8 oz package of flat rice stick noodles (buckwheat if available)
1 (8oz) pkgflat rice stick noodles
1/4 clow-sodium teriyaki sauce
4 Tbsppeanut butter, crunchy
1/4 tsphot chili sauce (oriental)
2 tspsesame oil
6 clovegarlic, minced (@ 2 tbl)
2 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
4 csnow peas, trimmed
1 8 oz pkgseasoned baked tofu, drained, cut into 3/4' cubes
1/3 cchopped cilantro
1 cchopped dry-roasted peanuts
6lime wedges, for garnish
How to Make Southeast Asian Peanut Noodles
- Basic Stir-Fry Cooking Principle:
Preheat the skillet or pan on the stove (medium-high heat should work) for 3-4 minutes BEFORE adding the oil. This will allow the skillet the heat evwenly and keep food from sticking and burning
- I am laying out the directions as though no one has access to the cooking condiment sambal oelick (the mix made of chiles, brown sugar, and salt). Those who have it - please use to taste...as the heat on this condiment is super high for many
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a non stick skillet (large wok - or spaghetti pot. Aded noodles stir to separate then cover and remove from heat. Let stand 6 minutes to soften. Drain & set aside.
- Whisk together teriyaki sauce, 2 TBS hot water, PB & chill sauce in a small bowl.
- If using a wok - now is the time to wipe it out,add sesame oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and stir fry 30 seconds. Add snow peas and fry for 3 minutes. Add tofu, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add teriyaki mixture and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add noodles, and gently toss with fork 2-3 minutes, or until noodles are coated with sauce and heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.
- Serve hot with lime wedges