Pineapple Paradise Teriyaki Chicken Bites with Citrus Sriracha Mayo
We had a tough time trying to find the pineapple teriyaki sauce called for in this recipe... but it sounded so good, we just HAD to try it! What to do? Improvise! We had great success making our own by combining 1/3 traditional teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb
- fresh ground chicken
- 1/2 c
- pineapple paradise teriyaki sauce (prefer kona coast)
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- green scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon grass, minced
- 2 clove
- of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- roasted ground cumin (prefer mccormick gourmet collection)
- 1 tsp
- roasted ground ginger (prefer mccormick gourmet collection)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, for brushing on grill
- 3/4 c
- citrus sriracha mayo, recipe follows
- 36 small
- butter crackers (use your favorite)
- 3 c
- black sesame snow pea slaw, recipe follows
How to Make Pineapple Paradise Teriyaki Chicken Bites with Citrus Sriracha Mayo
- 1In a large bowl combine, ground chicken, 2 tablespoons pineapple paradise teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon balsamic seasoned rice vinegar, panko bread crumbs, green scallions, 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, lemon grass, garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground ginger. From into 36 patties, about 1/2 “ thick and 1 3/4” in diameter. (think the size of a your butter cracker) Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered until ready to cook.
- 2Preheat a gas grill on medium high heat. Baste grill with vegetable oil. Cook patties until chicken is cooked through about three minutes each side. During the last few minutes of cooking, baste the patties with 1/4 cup of the Pineapple Paradise Teriyaki Sauce.
- 3Place 1/2 teaspoon of the Citrus Sriracha Mayo on each butter cracker, top with chicken patty, than about 2 teaspoon of the Black Sesame Snow Pea Slaw. Serve Pineapple Paradise Teriyaki Chicken bites with remaining Citrus Sriracha Mayo and Black Sesame Snow Pea Slaw. Enjoy! Serves: 36, prep time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4Citrus Sriracha Mayo: In a small bowl combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise with olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and 1 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce and mix together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5Black Sesame Snow Pea Slaw: In a large bowl combine 2/3 cup julienne red bell pepper, 2/3 cup julienne snow peas (strings removed), 2/3 cup julienne jicama, 1/2 cup julienne carrots, 1/2 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage, 1/2 cup finely red cabbage, remaining balsamic seasoned rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of the Pineapple Paradise Teriyaki Sauce, 1 teaspoon sriracha chile sauce, remaining sesame oil, remaining roasted ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds; mix together. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.