How to Make Perfect Rice in No Time
- 1Wash rice. That means cover with water, stir around, ( water will be cloudy) pour off water and do this until when stirred, it stays mostly clear, ( at least 4 times)
- 2cover rice with clean water and let soak 2 hours or over night
- 3When ready to cook. Change water and place rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil
- 4boil 4 or 5 minutes, place a tight fitting lid on saucepan and turn heat off.
- 5keep lid on until ready to serve. water may be absorbed. If rice cools down, pour some water over it and heat on again. I used to boil OVER rice all the time and panic it wasn't ready when my accompanent dish was. Hope this helps someone out in this "cooking " world