Lemony Vegetable Stir Fry
- large head broccoli, cut into bite size florets, or
- bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped into 2 inch bits
- 1 small
- zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced 1/4 inch thick
- of 8oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 large
- bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large
- carrot (or 2 medium) sliced thin at an angle
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil or peanut oil
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 tsp
- corn starch
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- zest from half lemon
- 1/8 c
- 4 clove
- minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper
How to Make Lemony Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1Mix the sauce ingredients together (I did so in a measuring cup for easy pouring) set aside. Place each veggie in its own bowl for easy access.
- 2Heat wok or large skillet with enough oil to coat bottom, over med-high heat.
- 3Throw broccoli and carrots into skillet (I say this because it will probably spit at you). Cook stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and mushrooms and stir another 1-2 minutes, until just softened.
- 4Add the bell pepper and mushrooms and stir another 1-2 minutes, until just softened.
- 5Add the green onion and zucchini, and continue to cook, stirring constantly until mushrooms are just browned around the edges. Turn heat down to medium.
- 6Add the sauce and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, until thickened. Serve immediately.