How to Make Hawaiian BBQ Chicken with Sweet & Sour Rice
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir.
- Place chicken in a deep dish and pour marinade over top, making sure chicken is well coated. Marinate the chicken thighs for at least 30 mins. Save marinade.
- While the chicken is marinating, get your gas or charcoal BBQ ready to go.
- Grill the thighs on the BBQ until it is golden brown and the skin is a little crispy on the edges. Make sure chicken is cooked through (use a meat thermometer if needed) but be careful not to burn them.
- While the chicken is grilling, cook up some white rice. Add rice wine vinegar & stir well.
- Put the reserved marinade on a small saucepan and heat through.
- Serve the rice alongside the grilled chicken. Spoon the marinade over the chicken and/or rice. Just add some vegetables or a fresh salad for a quick & easy meal!