FRIED RICE BY SALLYE
If you have ever been to a Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, you will find they cook their fried rice this way, only using an open top grill in front of you.
- 3 large
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- minced ginger
- 1 bunch
- chopped green onions, green & white separated
- 8 c
- cooked long grain rice
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- peanut oil
- 1/2 lb
- meat cut into bite size pieces ***
- 1 c
- green peas
- 1 c
- carrots, diced finely
How to Make FRIED RICE BY SALLYE
- 1It is better to use rice that was cooked the day before; the slightly drier rice will soak up flavors better.
***Meat can be either cooked pork, cooked beef, small cooked peeled deveined shrimp or a combination of all three.
Make sure you have prepared and measured all ingredients and set on counter in bowls/dishes within easy reach. This dish moves too quickly to stop and find or chop something.
- 2Place 2 tablespoons oil in heated wok or heavy skillet and quickly soft scramble eggs.
Remove eggs from wok and set aside in bowl
Zap carrots and peas in microwave for 1-2 minutes full power
- 3In same wok or skillet, coat with oil and stir fry garlic, white part of onion, and ginger.
Add meat to mixture.
Add rice to wok and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, green part of onions, carrots, peas and scrambled eggs.
Mix thoroughly making sure rice is completely coated.
Adjust seasoning as needed.