FRIED RICE BY SALLYE
If you have ever been to a Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, you will find they cook their fried rice this way, only using an open top grill in front of you.
2 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspminced ginger
1 bunchchopped green onions, green & white separated
8 ccooked long grain rice
3 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt & pepper to taste
1/2 lbmeat cut into bite size pieces ***
1 cgreen peas
1 ccarrots, diced finely
How to Make FRIED RICE BY SALLYE
- Make sure you have prepared and measured all ingredients and set on counter in bowls/dishes within easy reach. This dish moves too quickly to stop and find or chop something.
- It is better to use rice that was cooked the day before; the slightly drier rice will soak up flavors better.
***Meat can be either cooked pork, cooked beef, small cooked peeled deveined shrimp or a combination of all three.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in heated wok or heavy skillet and quickly soft scramble eggs.
Remove eggs from wok and set aside in bowl
Zap carrots and peas in microwave for 1-2 minutes full power
- In same wok or skillet, coat with oil and stir fry garlic, white part of onion, and ginger.
Add meat to mixture.
Add rice to wok and mix thoroughly.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, green part of onions, carrots, peas and scrambled eggs.
Mix thoroughly making sure rice is completely coated.
Adjust seasoning as needed.