Chinese Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 6 - 8 c
- mixed, fresh veggies
- yellow squash
- snow peas
- bell pepper (your choice of color)
- sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- fresh, sliced mushrooms
- baby corn
- 1/2 - 1 c
- low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- 3/4-1 1/4 c
- 1 - 2 tsp
- mrs dash garlic/herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- canola or safflower oil
- 2 - 3 c
- brown rice (uncooked)
DEPENDING ON AMOUNT OF VEGGIES YOU USE:
How to Make Chinese Stir-Fry Vegetables
Wash and pat-dry the vegetables.
Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Add cornstarch and water in mixing cup and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- 2Prepare rice per instructions on package.
- 3In a large, non-stick skillet or wok, heat the oil until you see a slight “rippling” of the oil.
- 4Add prepared vegetables and water chestnuts and cook for @ 5 – 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture to the vegetables and continue cooking until it thickens slightly.
- 6Season with garlic/herb seasoning and black pepper to taste.
- 7Serve over brown rice.