Chinese Stir-Fried Eggs with Tomatoes
This is Chinese home cooking. Our friend Pan and our former Chinese Exchange Student from Hong Kong both made this for us. It is a regular at our house now.
★★★★★ 2 votes
- 6 large
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil, divided
- scallions, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground white pepper
How to Make Chinese Stir-Fried Eggs with Tomatoes
- 1Beat eggs with ½ teaspoon salt until smooth but not frothy.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggs and cook, undisturbed, just until a thin film of cooked egg forms on bottom of skillet but most of eggs are still runny, 5 to 10 seconds. Immediately scrape eggs into a bowl. Wipe out skillet.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallions and stir-fry until just softened, about 30 seconds.
- 2Add tomatoes and cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until juices are released and tomatoes are slightly wilted but still intact, 4 to 6 minutes.
Sprinkle sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper over tomatoes and stir to combine. Return eggs to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are just cooked through.
Serve sprinkled with reserved scallion greens.