Broccoli Slaw Lo Mein
(You can find shredded broccoli slaw in the bagged lettuce area of your grocery store. Try to get the kind that does not have the red cabbage in it. I like cabbage but the red cabbage really adds a bitter flavor. I've seen varying size bags so I just add whatever is in the bag.)
9-12 ozshredded broccoli slaw (available in bagged lettuce section at grocery store)
8 ozfrozen broccoli florets
1 cfrozen sliced carrots
4 ozfresh sliced mushrooms
1 smallonion, sliced
1 tspminced garlic
1/2 tspginger (fresh is better if you can get it otherwise powder is fine)
2 Tbspolive oil (separate)
1/4 csoy sauce (low sodium works well)
4 ozlong pasta (such as spaghetti, fettucine, angel hair)
How to Make Broccoli Slaw Lo Mein
- Prepare pasta as per package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onions until onions are somewhat clear but still crisp. Stir in garlic.
- Add frozen broccoli florets and carrots; stir in ginger until well combined. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Make hole in center of pile of veggies in pan, add in last T. of olive oil. Stir in broccoli slaw; saute until broccoli turns bright green. Add soy sauce and let simmer until broccoli is tender-crisp and heated through.
- Remove from heat and add pasta; toss and serve. If desired, serve with cooked rice.