Healthy Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry
I changed just a few things, by adding garlic and store bought stir fry sauce.
You can change it by using chicken, tofu or pork.
I love this because you can make it your own and it's always great!
4 1/2 tspcornstarch
2 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1 lbsirloin steak, cut into 2 inch strips
2 mediumred- or any color peppers; cut into strips
1 mediumonion, halved and sliced thin
1 Tbspcanola oil
8 ozsliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspkikkoman stir -fry sauce
1 smallcan chopped water chestnuts, optional
How to Make Healthy Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry
- In a large bowl. mix the cornstarch, garlic and soy sauce until smooth. Add the beef and stir to coat. Let sit for a bit to marinate as you chop the veggies.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil and stir- fry the onions mushrooms for about 3 min. Remove from wok.
- Next stir fry the peppers for about 3 min. (you may need a bit more oil. Add the beef to the middle, cook and stir for about 3-4 min.
- Add the mushroom mixture back in, along with the stir-fry sauce and chestnuts (if using). Stir and then cover, let simmer for a few mins.; or until desired doneness. Serve over brown rice.
- I like to drizzle just touch of sesame oil and add toasted sesame seeds, or almonds to the top sometimes.