Almost Asian Spinach Salad
This salad goes well with any dressing that features sesame, ginger, or peanut. It also goes well with a simple balasmic dressing, fruit-flavored vinaigrette, or sweet-and-sour dressing.
- 1 lb
- package of ready-to-eat baby spinach
- 8 oz
- can of mandarin orange slices, drained
- small grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 to 2/3
- avocado, roughly sliced into thin triangles
- small green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- heaping cup chow mein noodles
How to Make Almost Asian Spinach Salad
- 1Fill 6 portion-size salad bowls halfway with spinach.
- 2In each bowl, near the outside edge, around the whole circumference of the salad, alternate slices of orange and grapefruit, in a sort of pinwheel fashion.
- 3In each bowl, closer to the middle of the bowl, make a ring of avocado slices.
- 4Toss some green onion slices in each bowl.
- 5In each bowl, place a small handful of chow mein noodles mostly in the middle of the salad.