Almost Asian Spinach Salad
This salad goes well with any dressing that features sesame, ginger, or peanut. It also goes well with a simple balasmic dressing, fruit-flavored vinaigrette, or sweet-and-sour dressing.
1 lbpackage of ready-to-eat baby spinach
8 ozcan of mandarin orange slices, drained
1small grapefruit, peeled and sliced
1/2 to 2/3avocado, roughly sliced into thin triangles
2small green onions, white and green parts, sliced
1heaping cup chow mein noodles
How to Make Almost Asian Spinach Salad
- Fill 6 portion-size salad bowls halfway with spinach.
- In each bowl, near the outside edge, around the whole circumference of the salad, alternate slices of orange and grapefruit, in a sort of pinwheel fashion.
- In each bowl, closer to the middle of the bowl, make a ring of avocado slices.
- Toss some green onion slices in each bowl.
- In each bowl, place a small handful of chow mein noodles mostly in the middle of the salad.