Banana and Mango "Smalt"
- 1 medium
- ripe banana, peeled & diced
- ripe mango, peeled & diced
- 1 c
- vanilla or mandarine orange yogurt, slightly frozen
- 1 1/2 c
- unsweetened apple juice or orange juice
- 1 tsp
- honey or splenda
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ice cubes
- 1/2 c
- low fat milk
- cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
How to Make Banana and Mango "Smalt"
- 1Place fruit, yogurt and half apple juice (or juice you prefer), milk and spices in blender. Mix for approx 15 seconds.
- 2Add other half of the apple juice, sweetner and juice of the lemon and mix for approximately 1 minute. Add more apple juice if too thick.
You can substitute some mango or bananas with strawberries, raspberries, ripe peach or other fruit of your choice, or what is in season.
You may also substitute the apple juice with cranberry juice or pineapple juice.