Sparkling Cranberry Punch
And I said" That's because I don't have a punch bowl!".
The rest is history, of course.
The punch bowl sat on a smaller bowl for a pedestel and had matching cups, with hooks to mount them on the side of the bowl.
I always made punch during the holidays because it was something special and non alcoholic for the kids, and of course for the adults you could add some "cheer".
- 64 oz
- cranberry juice, divided
- 6 oz
- can frozen orange pineapple juice
- 1 l
- bottle 7 up or ginger ale
- 1 qt
- raspberry sherbert, divided
- floating ring:
- 2 c
- cranberry juice
- 1/3 c
- fresh cranberries
- 1/3 c
- fresh fruit your choice, strawberries, blueberries, etc
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Sparkling Cranberry Punch
- 1Make your floating ring ahead of time, I use a bundt pan because it has a pretty deep design on it.
- 2Thaw the frozen topping so you can combine it with other ingredients.
- 3Combine all floating ring ingredients.
- 4Place in a freezer, and when it starts to set, give a stir to distribute the fresh fruit through out the mold.
- 5When you are ready for your guests put punch together. I literally wait until every one is there to keep the sparkle in the punch.
- 6Put the frozen orange pineapple in your punch bowl, then add Half the cranberry juice, and half the ginger ale, stir to melt the juice.
- 7Add the rest of liquids as you desire, don't fill up all the way to make room for floating ring.
- 8Put some hot water in your sink. Add the frozen ring and place in it just to loosen it enough to get it out of your mold.
- 9Place frozen ring on tiop of your punch, add the sherbert in the middle, and TA DAH! You got one fabulous looking punch.