Cranberry Simple Syrup -Homemade
This is great on ice cream, over dessert , on pancakes or waffles etc...
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- 1 c
- granulated sugar(sugar may be omitted if desired)
- 1/2 c
- concentrated fruit juice or fresh fruit juice or fruit powder
- 12 oz
- bag fresh cranberries
- clementine,peeled, sectioned and coarsely chopped
- cinnamon stick
How to Make Cranberry Simple Syrup -Homemade
- 1Combine the ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring ingredients to a boil, then turn down heat to let the mixture simmer until it is reduced to half.
Strain through a wire mesh strainer; reserve the cranberries to use as a garnish if desired.
- 2Taste the syrup to check the sweetness.
To intensify the flavor, you can add a few drops of flavored extract.Cool.
- 3Store the syrup in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for instant access.
2 Tablespoons cranberry syrup -above
1/4 cup lime soda
1 oz. tequila
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a shaker except soda. Shake pour into martini glass then add the soda and tread 3 of the cranberries on a toothpick and place in glass as garnish.