Lavender Simple Syrup (a litha activity)
chemicals? Lavender syrup, that's what!
A dash of this to your lemonade (and a few fresh sprigs thrown in just to pretty it up!) gives you an amazing and refreshing drink on a hot summer's day
- and it's easy as pie to make! All you need is sugar, water and dried (food grade) lavender.
- 1/2 c
- dried lavender buds
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 c
How to Make Lavender Simple Syrup (a litha activity)
- 2When the pot starts to boil, turn down the heat and allow the mix to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Strain.
- 3This creates a very sweet, very lavender tasting syrup with a beautiful lavender color!
- 4Store in the refrigerator. Add a teaspoon or two to lemonade to create a delicious lavender flavored lemonade.
Add a few fresh sprigs of lavender to gussy it up!
Store lavender syrup in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- 5Other ideas for using lavender syrup:
* Drizzle a bit over fresh berries
* Add a splash to the bottom of a glass before filling with sparkling wine for a special treat.
* Use instead of maple syrup on pancakes or waffles
* Add to your favorite vanilla ice cream recipe before putting in the ice cream freezer.
* Use to sweeten hot or cold tea
* Lavender syrup is said to be great in treating symptoms of the common cold.
* Jar it up, add a printed label and give it as gifts!
* Leave a bit out as an offering to the fae.