KIMMEL WINE (1936 Recipe)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 lbsugar
1 ccaraway seeds
2 cgrated potatoes
How to Make KIMMEL WINE (1936 Recipe)
- In large stock combine sugar, caraway seeds and water.
- Bring to a boil and boil 30 minutes.
- Put in a 2 gallon jar and let cool until lukewarm.
- Add grated potatoes and yeast cake.
- Let the mixture ferment 10 day in a ,relatively cool temperature, about 68 F.,stirring everyday.
- As the yeast uses up the oxygen in the container, it froths and foams quite dramatically. But soon the carbon dioxide builds up, the oxygen is exhausted, and the slower anaerobic fermentation begins. When this has finished, the yeast falls to the bottom of the jar and the wine begins to clear. It is then racked ) into a clean jar to mature.
- After undergone 10 days of fermentation, strain the liquid with a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour into air locked bottles and seal.
- Store from six months to a year, allowing wine to ferment and turn fairly clear. It will be lots better the longer you let it ferment, the better tasting it will be!!!
Then you can drink it.