This is a note in my mother's handwritten cookbook.
"Mrs. Peschal's recipe. In 1961 this recipe was 100 years old, Mrs. Peschal an old farm lady was an old lady in 1930. She was a friend on my parents and moved to Indiana to live with her children. This is her recipe she gave my parents."
I remember getting a teaspoon of this when I had a cough as a kid.
- 5 gal
- of distilled water
- 5 lb
- california dried cherries
- 15 lb
- 5 gal
- grape juice put in a 10 gallon keg with fermenter
How to Make Grandpa's Wine
- 1Grind the fruit and add to distilled water.
- 2Heat the water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add to distilled water and fruit to grape juice.
- 4Cork until fermented with fermenter. (Have NO idea what fermenter is.) If someone knows, please let me know.